Are you experiencing baldness Hair and thinking of a hair transplant in the near future, then this article is for you. If hair thinning or baldness really bothers you, a procedure of hair transplant can be an effective way to get more confidence and improve your look.
A hair transplant is a medical procedure in which a dermatological or plastic surgeon moves hair to the head’s bald area. These surgeons move hair from the side or the back of the head to the top or front of the head. Usually, hair transplant occurs in specific medical offices like hair transplant in Lahore. Most people need to seek a hair transplant when they experience pattern baldness.
In the majority of people, pattern baldness causes hair loss. The major cause of pattern baldness is genetic problems. Other factors can include;
- Some medicines use
- Poor diet
- Hormonal imbalance
What are the Types of Hair Transplants?
There are two types of hair transplant;
- Slit Grafts
A micrograft hair transplant, also known as follicular transplant, is a technique for repopulating the scalp with hair where there is intense hair loss or alopecia. In this hair transplant, one to two hairs are included in one graft. This is a popular way to transplant the hair in men with baldness and women with intense hair loss.
Slit grafting includes the harvesting of small follicular units containing between four to 10 hairs per graft. In contracts to traditional grafts, this technique utilizes a high amount of smaller grafts. During this technique, no tissue is removed from the area of the scalp.
What is the Procedure of a Hair Transplant?
After cleaning the scalp, usually, a surgeon numbs an area of the head with anesthesia by using a small needle. There are two techniques to obtain follicles for a transplant, FUT, and FUE.
In FUT (follicular unit transplantation):
- A surgeon uses a scalpel to cut out the strip of the scalp skin, and this incision may be several inches long
- This incision is closed with stitches
- The surgeon splits the removed portion of the scalp into small sections by using a sharp surgical knife and magnifying lens. After implantation, these small sections will help to get natural-looking hair growth.
In FUE (follicular unit extraction):
- A surgeon directly cut hair follicles from the back of the head through thousands of tiny punch incisions
- The surgeon makes tiny holes on the scalp with a needle, then gently place hairs in these holes
- During a hair transplant, a surgeon may transplant even thousands of hairs
- After the implantation, the surgeons will cover your scalp with bandages for several days
It can take up to four hours for a hair transplant session. The surgeons will remove your stitches about ten days after surgery. You may need up to three to four sessions to get the full head hair your desire. These sessions will occur with the span of several months to allow each transplant to heal fully.
What Does a Person Experience After a Hair Transplant?
You may experience sores on the scalp and may need to take some medications after a hair transplant surgery, such as:
- Anti-inflammatory medicines to reduce swelling
Most people return to their old routine after several days of surgery. If transplanted hairs begin to fall, then you do not need to worry about it. This fallout makes way for new hair growth. In most cases, new hair growth can be seen within eight to twelve months after surgery.
Who Can Get a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant can improve your self-confidence and appearance. These are some people who can get a hair transplant;
- People who have lost their hair from scalp injury or burn
- Females with thinning hair
- Men with pattern baldness
However, this transplant can’t be a good option for some people. These people are;
- People with hair loss due to chemotherapy
- People with keloid scars after surgery or injury
- Women with widespread hair loss
- People with not enough sites from which to remove hair for transplant
What are the Complications of a Hair Transplant?
Usually, the side effects of a hair transplant are temporary and disappear within a few weeks. These side effects are;
- Crust forming on the scalp area where hair was implanted or removed
- Bruising around the eyes
- Swelling of the scalp
- Lack of sensation numbness on the treated areas of the scalp
- Sudden but temporary loss of transplanted hair
- Unnatural-looking hair
- Infection or inflammation of the hair follicles, also known as folliculitis
If you want to get a hair transplant, then first, you need to decide what type of hair transplant you want and what procedure you want your surgeon to follow. After that, your surgeon will decide whether you can get a hair transplant or not. After getting a hair transplant, make sure to follow the instructions of the surgeon.
Leave a Reply